Tuesday 26 July 2016

Education Part 1 (primary school)

this post is the first in a 4 or 5 part series of blogs in which i will share my experiences of education.

first i am going to say that i went threw the 3 tier education system in the UK (primary school reception to yr4, middle school yr5-yr8, high school yr9-yr11 to sixth form yr12+yr13) and then went to university for 3 years to now (1year after finishing uni)

for this particular post i want to try and cover my primary school experience or at least try to. the few things that i can remember from my primary school is having the same teacher for everything only changing each year and that was probably not a good thing as i dont think any of my teachers were aware of what dyspraxia is and i know my mum has said that they were not very good at supporting the needs that i had even though i did not have a diagnosis of dyspraxia at anytime throughout my primary school years.

however the biggest standout memory of my primary school experience was when i was in year 3 and the biggest aspect of my dyspraxia was my very poor handwriting however during year 3 i had a teacher (happened to be the first male teacher i ever had) who did not care about the appearance of my handwriting and focused on the quality of the work, i believe he said something along the lines of i don't care how good your writing is i just want to see what it is that you can write. and this made a big difference as it meant i didn't have to focus on making my writing legible (or less ineligible) and i could focus on doing and completing the work.


No comments:

Post a Comment