Sunday 31 July 2016

Education Part 2 (middle school)

part 2 of my experiences of education focusing on middle schools. i am aware that thismay not be relatable for many people as i went through the three tier system which is briefly explained in the previous post.
however this was probable one of the most important periods of my life to date because it was in year 6 (2nd year of middle school) that i got my diagnosis of dyspraxia which according to my mum had a large impact on me as prior to that i was an angry child.
i almost forgot year 5 the start of middle school i had to learn how to do a tie and this will probably the angry pre-diagnosis side of myself i remember getting frustrated that i was struggling to tie the tie and ended up doing it wrong and pulled it on really tight (so much so that i couldnt actually undo it) and my parents thought i was choking myself when i was actually trying to snap it off my neck.
prior to my SAT's in year 8 was the first time i had any experience of special provisions in placve which was having a scribe and at that time it did not seem to work and i dont think that school tried anything other than a scribe so that when it came to actually taking my SAT's im dont believe i had any special provisions in place for my exams like scribe/transcribe or even extra time.


No comments:

Post a Comment